Insomnia


Picture by Pete Barr-Watson, some rights reserved

I had some real trouble sleeping last week, which I have put down to having a guilty conscience slightly messed-up schedule, and no consistency in the times I actually had to get up/go to bed. The upshot of this, aside from feeling like I'd run a marathon by about 5:45 each evening, is that I've been having and remembering some crazy dreams.

In one, Graham Coxon and Damon Albarn entered a song into the Eurovision Song Contest. It was The Greatest Song I have ever heard: a catchy pop number with fantastic vocals, an enchanting melody and wonderfully arranged. It would not only have won the competition, but also been used as an anthem for world peace. Unfortunately, it being a construction of my mind, I can't remember how it went.

In another, I tried to withdraw some money from a Barclays cash machine. Unfortunately, rather than being presented with a crisp £20 note, the hole-in-the-wall dispensed a document which read as follows:

BARCLAYS BANK
This machine has been loaded incorrectly.
We are currently unable to dispense any £17 coins.


Your guess is as good as mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report