Marxists at 2 o'clock

Well, it's Tuesday morning and I'm already settled in to the university 'regime'. I've had three fairly painless lectures and one very painful trip to the university bookshop (£100, gulp), and it feels as though I've never been away. Which is excellent, because it means I'm enjoying myself.

It wasn't long before the complete "set" of students made themselves known in my lecture-cum-seminar yesterday:
  • The feminists: one claimed that "the 'working class' did not exist as a definable group, but was simply a idea that men invented to prove their masculinity". In case you can't tell, I'm rolling my eyes.
  • The foreign students: In a class with only around 2o people, two are American, one is Finnish (!) and one is from the former German Democratic Republic. They're German.
  • The mature students: Useful for the inevitable "what was it like in the 80s?" question
  • The Marxists: there's always one.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report