Crosses, garlic and bloodsuckers

Another pleasant weekend here in the city of seven hills.

Football first: Dartford managed to grab a 93rd-minute equaliser against Dover on Saturday, which keeps us in 2nd place in the league. After a few hours work on Sunday, I managed to catch the last (and best) half of a fantastic derby game between Arsenal and Chelsea. Then on Monday night it was down to Bramhall Lane for the game between Sheffield United and Aston Villa. Sheffield were slow to get out of the blocks and conceded after only 90 seconds, but the Blades fought back and deserved more than the final 2-2 scoreline rewarded them.


Yesterday was Steph's birthday, the perfect excuse for one of those rarest of treats: a full-blown buffet, with pineapple and cheese on sticks, sausage rolls, celery and dips... Then a house party in which some people had too much to drink, probably only one had too little, but everyone had a good time.

And that brings us to today, where I've been to the first appointment of my dental treatment. I now have some elastic bands wrapped firmly around my back teeth which don't hurt now but, I'm assured by the doctor, will hurt like hell in about 8 hours. Start the clock!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report