Poker face

Hello again. The lack of updates is once again connected to the fact that my computer is broken. This time, the thing wouldn't even turn on, so it's been sent back with an angry message. Faced with losing all my stuff (this time not backed up), it's also been sent back sin hard-drive: one way to guarantee they won't wipe it.

This weekend saw the inaugural Flat 3 Poker Night, and as a result I'm now a big fan of the game. Rob Webster's visit to the steel city was occasion enough for us to crack open the poker set, and what a good idea that turned out to be. The first game, a five-player, five-hour affair, was unquestionably lost by me (first to leave the table) although in fairness it was the first time I'd ever played. It was, nevertheless, good fun and an excellent learning curve: justice was restored when yours truly came out victorious in the second game.

Sunday also saw the first game of chess I've played for at least ten years. I lost full stop...

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report