Changed daily


I don't really watch a lot of television these days. Sky Sports News or the music channels are on most of the time in the living room, but in terms of programmes I make an effort to watch, there's not a lot on. In fact, there's only two things I regularly catch-up with now, and both of them are available on the BBC's iPlayer.

The first one is Ashes To Ashes, based on the brilliant series Life On Mars and featuring the wonderful DCI Gene Hunt. Think of The Sweeney's DI Regan, but with extended metaphors and more swearing. Personally, I think it's better for two reasons:
  1. The soundtrack (even though it's costing me a fortune in downloads)
  2. The car chases (they're infrequent, but brilliant)

The other programme is The Secret Show. In my opinion, it's the best cartoon series ever. It's witty, it's intelligent, it's utterly zany and it's very colourful. Plus, it's British, so none of the heroes have American accents and you can understand every reference to pop culture. If you've never seen it, watch a few episodes here – if you don't laugh at some point, you really shouldn't be reading this blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report