Go, go, go!


I'm writing this post in bed, because I'm feeling a bit poorly. Which is really rubbish, because it means I can't eat loads and loads of chocolate (as I'd planned to do) and because I couldn't go to see Dartford notch up another win (this time over Canvey Island).

My teeth are also giving me jip, although that was expected because of my appointment on Wednesday. It was the reason I had to stay in Sheffield for a few days after the end of the first "half" of the semester, but it also nearly forced me to stay for a bit longer.

Not really thinking, I had booked a ticket on the 13.27 train home. This meant being on the train between 20- and 25- past, and this meant arriving at the station for about quarter-past one.

My dentist appointment was a 11.45 sit-and-wait. The orthodontic department at the hospital is clearly so popular that they have to over-book appointments every day in order to treat everyone. So I knew that it would be a close-run thing, but I wasn't expecting to be literally running out the door because I didn't get to see the dentist until 12.45!

The sight of someone running out of a hospital with a look of panic on their face probably didn't fill the minds of the kids in the waiting room with confidence. In hindsight, I realised that I totally missed the opportunity to stir-up total chaos by shouting things like "you'll have to catch me first!" or screaming "arrrgh!" at the top of my lungs as I did so.

I obviously did make it, but only after finding a taxi en route (no mean feat during the middle of the day) and with a driver who knew how to put his foot down.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report