Gravy train


Well I'm back in Sheffield after a few days back home for Easter and Ben's 21st birthday party. Normally after a big night out like that, I'd be spending today editing and uploading all the photos I took. This time, however, I left my digital camera behind and decided to use up the "film" – I think that's what they used to call it – in a "disposable camera" with an "advance wheel". Apparently, the only way to get the pictures out of the machine is to take it to a shop to be "developed". It seems so strange to think everyone used to have to do this, as digital cameras are everywhere these days.

● It's ridiculous how much train fares have risen back in the south-east: my journeys into London and home (to Dartford) again set me back £18.60, compared to the £24.50 it costs to travel between Dartford and Sheffield (£1.50 of which was booking fees!). Bus connections add on about £3 to each journey, too. In total, that's nearly the cost of a beer in Leicester Square's Zoo bar.

● Dartford's unbeaten run of twenty-one games came to an end on Saturday, when a truly dismal performance against Brentwood Town led to a 1-0 defeat. Sudbury also dropped points in the week, so once again it's neck-and-neck at the top of the table.


Ryman Division 1 NorthPldWDLGDPts
1Dartford382576+6082
2AFC Sudbury362376+5076
3Redbridge372197+2771

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report