The Apprentice: Pillock done good


Quite why the producers of The Apprentice felt the need to show the teams' embarrassingly-poor efforts at television commercials over and over again is beyond me. As a result, I spent much of my time watching this week's episode with my hands over my eyes. They were awful.

In fairness, I thought Raef's team's effort was half-decent. It was quite obvious at an early stage that Sir Alan wouldn't like it, but it was nevertheless quite a good try. I had assumed the ad-execs watching would have taken a bit of a shine to it, so the first shock of the evening came when it was revealed that they had lost.

The second shock (I'm glossing over some of the terrible clothes selections by the victorious boys in Harvey Nics... and Lucinda's stunning glittery number) was when Raef (who looks like something out of a Harvey Nics catalogue) got the boot. Based on the fact that "odious little twit" (to misquote Adrian Chiles) Michael was there, you can only assume that Sir Alan had been waiting for a long time to get rid of him.

So, we're down to five...

Highlights of the week:
▫ Reaf and Michael's performing various musical numbers (in a taxi)
▫ The two kids in the losing ad: top class acting, guys
▫ Sir Alan caning Siân Lloyd

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report