Value for money*


My salary this year
What my MP claimed in expenses in one year

Dartford MP, Dr Howard Stoate claimed £147,732 according to a published list of expenses for the financial year beginning in April 2007. Dr Stoate, whose constituency office in Dartford is 15 miles from Westminster, claimed £17,883 for his [second home allowance].

From the Dartford Times.

This disgusts me a little bit (as do the claims of Conservative MPs, Adam Holloway and Michael Fallon for £146,933 and £119,667 respectively, before anyone accuses me of taking political sides). Not just because the amount of cash at MPs' disposal is so much larger than I have to hand, but just because it seems so easy for them to take it. And it makes me wonder how much the three of them managed to claim last year, too.

*sarcasm.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report