Done and done.

Normally when I sit down to write a blog it's because I'm so bored that I can't think of anything else to do. Either that, or I've an essay to finish and I need something to distract me. Well, all my essays are done now, but I feel the need to express my weekend in word form.

Annoyingly, the essay for my favourite module is likely to get quite a poor mark. This is entirely my fault - it's been set for 3 weeks, but I'd still left it until the weekend before - and wasn't helped by the fact I was cripplingly ill on Sunday, too. It is, however, done, and I don't have any essays in until the first few weeks of next year. December is rapidly approaching but 2007 still feels a long way away, so I think I can afford to relax a little.

You can see that the daily Ashes updates were halted fairly rapidly. England's performance was poor, and it was clear from early on that a loss was the only conceivable result. But because of Australia's arrogance (deciding not to enforce the follow-on gave us much-needed batting practice) the scoreboard at the end of the game didn't look as bad as it could have done. To pull the deficit back to only 277 runs will only have given us more confidence.

Continuing the sporting theme, a quick update on the football. Dartford FC currently sit in 4th place in the league, although it's not all plain-sailing. Several teams below us have played less league ties, and we've lost the last couple of matches. The next 2 fixtures are against Fleet (currently 2nd, 1 game in hand) and Dover (3rd, 3 games in hand). The next few weeks will be difficult, especially as changes to the playing staff look imminent.

I've managed to find some form of "employment" for the weekend. My task will be to promote the Kaleidoscope puzzle in the toy shop at Sheffield's Meadowhall. Thanks to my Alan-Sugar-like boasts that trying to sell them would be a great deal of fun, my name was dropped into the mix and I'll be having a go on Sunday. Never one to turn down a challenge, me... and the cash will come in handy, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report