Epoch fail


"Part 2" of this year's typically haphazard Union elections is underway this week. Amongst rumours of flouting budgets, defacing opponents' promotional materials, breaching guidelines by campaigning on Facebook and forming alliances with student groups, the candidates standing for next year's officer roles have been asking for our vote.

My decisions, as always, were based on solid democratic ideals. My choice for Sports officer gave me a free lollypop; the Finance candidate had the best slogan; most people in my seminar group were supporting one particular Activities officer – good enough for me, they're quite clever people; choosing the best candidate for Women's officer wasn't a tough decision (I always vote for the most attractive one, although I use the phrase lightly here); and finally, my choices for Welfare officer included all those who don't happen to be my arch-enemy.

● As the term draws to a close, it becomes a great-deal easier to pick-and-choose which lectures it's worth attending. For one thing, not everyone on the "core modules" are reading the same books this year, so going to some lectures would be pointless anyway, but because we know which texts we can (and cannot) use for our assessments, it's also possible to cherry-pick from the timetable even more. That's my excuse anyway.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report