Stop! Britishsummertime.

There was a very real risk (thanks to an almighty cock-up between John Lewis and Sony) that I wouldn't have seen my laptop this side of Easter. Luckily (and I'm sure it was nothing but luck which finally resolved the situation), it was repaired and returned to me in the nick of time. As a result, nigh-on one month after it died on me, I am once again able to spout my worthless musings on to the interweb again.

Isn't it strange how really useful things have the tendency to appear when you need them most. Like "the Restoration period" being featured on the front page of Wikipedia the day before my exam on it. Or two characters on Third Rock From The Sun talking about Hamlet the same week I had to read it. Or – and this one was especially useful – ITV1 screening Mansfield Park last Sunday, just in time for my seminars on the book. On all three occasions, these happily random co-incidences have saved me a lot of bother. Well, all except the Hamlet one... it's a tad more complicated than they made out on TV...


I'm back home for Easter now and I'm glad to be back. Not only is it nice to be in my own home and feel welcome to be there, but it's good to be able to have a clean break from university life for a while. Yes, I've got essays and presentations to prepare, but when the sun's out and I can sit in the garden for a bit, the sense of stress and panic is significantly lessened. No doubt I'll be fed up of this place in a few days, but a change is as good as a rest.

In other news: I've finally been to the mighty Corporation and The Tuesday Club (two more things to tick off the list); bought and then cooked a meal from a 24-hour shop in the dead of night; watched more episodes of Corrie in a week than news bulletins; finally visited and taken a book out of the library; managed to crash a Nokia phone; and finally had a conversation with someone on-board the National Express. In Spanglish. Estupendo.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I'll be watching the FA Cup on Setanta

The Italian Job

Berlin ePrix 2 qualifying report